Cocoa is the 55th most exported product in the world and the second most exported product in Nigeria.
It is estimated that the cocoa export industry is worth over $889m and takes about 2.26% of the total share of top product exported from Nigeria second only to crude oil
So it is therefore not surprising that anyone interested in exporting business would consider cocoa exporting.
We, therefore, put together this simple infographic that shows how to begin cocoa exporting in 6 simple step.
If you are interested in learning more, you can read our comprehensive guide on how to start cocoa exporting.
- Be prepared – The most important and very first step to a successful cocoa exporting is to get prepared. Start by registering with the Nigeria Exporting Council. Also, learn all you can about the product. How it is produced, seasonal variations and etc.
- Get Expert Advice – While there are tons of website where you can learn about the exporting industry, it is advisable that you get your insight from a verified and leading exporting company like this one.
- Do Market Research – Now conduct a comprehensive research into the industry. Of course, your source for expert advice will be a good guide during this phase and other phases.
- Create a Cocoa Exporting Business Plan – Failing to plan is planning to fail. Get a business plan for your product. You can find a good guideline here
- Get Buyers – Now you need to look for buyers of your product. Leverage social media to your advantage. Also, get involved in online forums and offline events where you can network and meet potential buyers.
- Get funding – There are lots of companies that are ready to finance your business idea but you need to know where to find them and what their requirements are.
Now over to you. What challenges are you struggling with when it comes to cocoa exporting business?